Through this funding, heating engineers can receive valuable heat pump training worth up to £500. Grant UK has announced that its training academy is an approved training provider under this scheme.
Eligible engineers can enrol in the OFTEC OFT21-504A qualification at no cost at the Grant UK Training Academy in Swindon. Limited training spaces supported by this funding will be allocated for bookings on a first-come, first-served basis.
Criteria for government-backed funding
To access this government-backed funding through the Heat Training Grant, heating engineers must meet specific eligibility criteria, including:
– Working for a business with 250 employees or fewer, being a sole trader, or being unemployed.
– Being certified by a competent persons scheme (e.g., APHC, BESCA, Gas Safe Register, OFTEC, etc.).
– Not having received more than £315,000 in government subsidies over the past 3 years.
– Not having received Heat Training Grant funding for any other heat pump course.
– Demonstrating competence in low-temperature system sizing and selection.
– Training must be delivered in England.
For complete eligibility details, visit this link.
The Heat Training Grant encourages heating engineers to gain heat pump installation and maintenance expertise. By completing the OFT21-504A course, engineers acquire essential skills and become registered installers, eligible for MCS certification work under the scope of MIS 3005-I.