The awards, now in their 15th year, highlight best practice from installers who are making strides to conserve the environment by embracing the environmental potential of domestic properties.
Six installers and three specifiers from across the UK received their prizes from the event’s special guest, Andy Bradley, Director at Delta – Energy & Environment, at a ceremony held at Worcester, Bosch Group Headquarters in Worcester.
Drawn from well over 100 entries, selected winners include:
- Greenstore and Greensource heat pump installation: Darren King – K Lewington Heating & Gas Specialists Ltd, Leicestershire
- Total system solution installation: Paul Lammond – Streetly Gas & Plumbing Ltd
- Greenspring instantaneous water heater installation: Doug Hawkins – Town & Country Plumbing & Heating Ltd
- Housing Association specification: Broadacres Housing Association, North Yorkshire
- Housebuilder Specification: Grace Homes Limited, Northamptonshire
- Local Authority Specification: London Borough of Barking and Dagenham Council
Worcester also takes the opportunity to recognise the artistic efforts of young people up to the age of 16 whose artwork has been inspired by energy efficiency and climate change.
Six year old Finley Crookes from Merseyside, 11 year old Jasmin Walker from North Yorkshire, and 14 year old Mohommed Rafique from Kent were each presented with £500 of shopping and leisure vouchers for their efforts.
Carl Arntzen, Worcester’s managing director, said: “The Environment 2020 awards are our chance to celebrate the industry’s champions of efficient and renewable technologies. The fact that so many are committed to protecting our planet for future generations is inspiring, and year on year I am impressed by the calibre of the entries we receive.”