Nominations are now open for the REA’s annual awards, now in its eighth year.
REA chief executive, Gaynor Hartnell, said: “It is vitally important we celebrate the extraordinary achievements of our unique industry and tell the stories of how renewables are positively changing our society.
“But to be clear, these awards are not just for renewables companies. We particularly want to hear from businesses that are pioneering an application of renewable technology, perhaps creating pathways that others can follow. Or organisations which are mainstreaming renewables through the scale of their investments or their commitment to meeting their energy needs from renewable sources – be they in retail, manufacturing or the services sector.”
The full list of categories is as follows…
- Champion – any individual who deserves recognition in the sector
- Community – for a community group which has been active in developing a renewable energy project or programme of installations in their locality during 2012
- Company – for the company that’s done the most in the last year to advance UK renewables
- Innovation – for any innovative, renewable energy conversion device, invention or application which has achieved a major milestone or reached the market since January 2012
- Installer – for a company which has excelled in the installation of on-site renewables equipment
- Leadership – for a company or organisation that is mainstreaming renewable energy through the scale of its investment and its commitment to secure its energy needs from renewables
- Pioneer – for a company or organisation in a sector not previously associated with renewables that has now become involved and created a pathway that others can follow
- Project – for a company that has developed an outstanding building-integrated, on-site or noteworthy stand-alone project
- Skills Development – for any company or organisation which has excelled in improving the skills base in the industry
- And the Judges’ Award – for lifetime achievement, or for an outstanding contribution to renewables not covered by the other categories
Nominations are now open at: www.surveymonkey.com/s/BREA2013