UBM Built Environment, organiser of Ecobuild, has appointed an expert advisory board to help shape the 2013 event (5th – 7th March 2013, ExCeL London).
UBM says it has set up the board to help provide strategic direction and ensure that the sustainable built environment community remains at the heart of Ecobuild. The board includes members from the UK Green Building Council, Marks and Spencer, Skanska, CPA, KPMG, Deloitte, Reading University and Quintain.
The advisory board meets regularly to discuss and debate current industry issues and how these can be incorporated into the content, education and features at Ecobuild.
Tom Broughton, brand director for Ecobuild, said: “The Ecobuild Advisory Board has been set up to help ensure that the 2013 event remains ahead of the curve and truly representative of the challenges faced by the sustainable built environment community. We are drawing upon expertise from across the industry including the extensive experience of our in-house editorial teams to make Ecobuild 2013 current, relevant and inspirational.”
Paul King, chief executive of the UK Green Building Council (UKGBC), said: “UK-GBC has worked closely with Ecobuild over the last five years – you could say we’ve grown up together! It’s inspiring to see the rate of growth over that time, not least given the prevailing economic climate. But just as growth should go hand in hand with green, quantity must go hand in hand with quality, and I’m delighted to contribute to the Advisory Board, all of whom are committed to making sure that true sustainability is at the heart of this world-leading conference and exhibition.”
Ecobuild 2013 Advisory Board Members:
- Paul King, chief executive, UK Green Building Council (UKGBC)
- Denise Bennetts, founding director, Bennetts Associates
- Dr Diana Montgomery, chief executive, CPA
- Ben Wieglus, lead CRC advisor/sustainability advisor, KPMG
- Prof John Connaughton, professor of sustainable construction, Reading University
- Jenny Pidgeon, head of responsible property investment, Henderson Global Investors
- Miles Keeping , partner, Drivas Jonas Deloitte
- Louise Ellison, head of sustainability, Quintain
- Munish Datta, head of property Plan A, Marks and Spencer
- Simon Rawlinson, partner, EC Harris
- Isabel McAllister, director of sustainability, Mace Group
- Mike Puttnam , president and ceo, SkanksaUK