Heat Pump Foundation Course (2 Days)
- Overview of heat pumps
- Installation guidelines
- Commissioning/ servicing
- End user training
Individual Heat Pump Technology Course (1 Day Per Technology)
On completion of the foundation course, progression can be made onto in-depth training for each of the technologies:
- Air Source Course (1 Day)
- Ground Source Course (1 Day)
What is required to access the course?
- National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) Level 2 in Plumbing and Heating or equivalent
- A Low Temperature Heating Systems Course – covering the skills essential to efficient heating (of all technology types).
How is this different to other Heat Pump training courses available?
- The installer will receive an official qualification, with the course being recognised by OFQUAL.
- Straight forward route, removing the bureaucracy currently associated with the heat pump training route in the UK
- The course takes three days to complete in total
- The HPA consulted with wider industry and installers to decide on the content to be covered
- Content will be updated as progressions across the industry are made in the future
This new training course aims to equip the heating industry with the additional skills needed to deliver on the Government target of 600,000 installations each year by 2028, and deliver low carbon heat to hundreds of thousands of British homes.
Courses are being offered by HPA Executive Members and must be booked directly with the course provider.
Full details can be found on the original article here