British Gas move for Econergy

Econergy, market leaders in the field of biomass heating solutions, has been acquired by British Gas. In 2009 Centrica, the parent company of British Gas, invested in the business buying a 19% stake, and today they concluded a deal to purchase the remaining 81% from the current shareholders for £6.5m in cash.

As the Renewable Heat Incentive raises expectations for good growth in 2012, the acquisition of Econergy supports British Gas’s strategy of helping customers to reduce their carbon emissions through a portfolio of renewable technologies.

The business will continue to trade as Econergy Limited and contact points will remain unchanged.

This entry was posted in News. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

Post a Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.