Category Archives: News

Cash flow and market recovery worries top MCS COVID-19 survey

Concerns about cash flow and the financial impact of the COVID-19 pandemic have topped a survey of renewable energy installers by the MCS certification scheme. Of those surveyed, 90% had experienced a negative business impact due to Coronavirus with the remaining 10% citing a strong pipeline of existing jobs to sustain them during the crisis, […]

Also posted in MCS | Tagged , , | Leave a comment

SEA calls on government to bring in carbon intensity standard

The Government must announce plans to consult on the introduction of a carbon intensity standard for heating within its forthcoming Buildings Strategy. That is according to the Sustainable Energy Association, which published the findings of its own consultation on the concept on April 22. In its latest policy paper Off Grid, Off Carbon: Regulating the […]

Tagged , , | Leave a comment

UK solar peak generation record broken

Clear skies and cool temperatures have helped UK solar to break the all-time peak generation record. Around 12:30 on Monday 20 April 2020, a peak of 9.68GW was recorded by Sheffield Solar live PV generation tracker, surpassing the previous record of 9.55GW set on 13 May 2019. At the time of the peak, solar was […]

Tagged , , | Leave a comment

Grant welcomes new Renewables Business Development Manager

Grant UK has appointed Matt Beales as its third Business Development Manager within the Renewables Sales Team to provide sales support on Grant’s extensive renewable product range to customers in the East and South East of England. Last year, the company expanded its external sales team to incorporate specialist roles focused on providing tailored renewable […]

Tagged , , | Leave a comment

Could UK’s no-coal record increase focus on renewables?

At the time of writing, 28 April 2020 marks the day when Great Britain broke the record for the longest period of electricity generation without coal, energy data analyst EnAppSys has revealed. The previous record of 18 days, 6 hours and 10 minutes was set on June 4, 2019. The new record is due to […]

Tagged , , , | Leave a comment

Miliband appointed as shadow energy secretary

Former Labour leader Ed Miliband has ended a five-year absence from the shadow cabinet by being named shadow energy secretary on April 6. Miliband served as energy secretary between 2008-2010 and then as Labour leader from September 2010-2015, when he was replaced by Jeremy Corbyn. As one of the key driving forces behind the Climate […]

Tagged , , | Leave a comment

MCS publishes solar PV installation standard consultation

MCS has launched a one-month consultation on changes to its installation standard for solar PV systems (MIS3002). The new draft of MIS3002 adopts the IET Code of Practice for the installation of solar PV systems, but also fills in gaps and reinforces some of the requirements. It also incorporates the energy performance method from the […]

Tagged , , | Leave a comment

Renewables eclipse other power sources

New data has revealed that renewables accounted for more electricity than any other power source in Great Britain for the first quarter of 2020, as blustery winds spurred renewables generation to 45% of the entire electricity mix. New quarterly data from analysts EnAppSys has found that between January and March 2020, 45% of electricity generation […]

Also posted in Products, Technologies | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment

Eco2Solar reveals opinions on Climate Change

In February this year, Eco2Solar conducted a nationwide survey through OnePoll, asking 1,000 consumers across Britain for their opinions on Climate Change The participants were split between homeowners (80%) and renters (20%), with 52.30% of respondents being women and 47.70% being men. This research revealed some interesting trends in current attitudes and also highlighted areas […]

Tagged , , , | Leave a comment

Viridian Solar & Bloor Homes Renew National Supply Agreement

In an announcement that will see the solar manufacturer’s Clearline fusion roof-integrated solar system installed on all houses built by Bloor where there is a requirement for solar PV. Viridian Solar and Bloor Homes confirm the extension of their National Supply Agreement. First signed in March 2018, the agreement has so far covered projects of […]

Also posted in Products | Tagged , , | Leave a comment