BRE’s Introduction to Renewable Energy Technology course will commence in just 10 days time at its Watford campus.
On 19 June, the course is intended to explain what renewable energy is, the different types of renewable energy and which renewable energy will work best in a given building scenario. This course will assist delegates in making informed decisions about how best to use low and zero carbon technologies effectively and economically .
As well as providing a background to Energy related legislation, rising CO2 and the unsustainable dependency on fossil fuels. This course aims to cover:
- PV (Solar Generated Electricity)
- Solar water heating (solar thermal)
- Air, water and ground source heat pumps
- Biomass and wood fuel heating
- Small and medium scale wind generators
Each system will be evaluated in terms of cost and effectiveness to enable delegates to make judgements as to the feasibility and suitability of the systems. In addition there will be coverage of:
- Site and location requirements that must be considered
- Information on the new Feed-In Tariffs (FiTs) and Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) Schemes.
- Competent persons schemes for installing the systems
- Planning consent and constraints